Do you know where you won’t find office fluorescent lighting that is harsh and gives you a headache? At home! Working from home has many benefits; less commuting, flexible hours, convenience, no fluorescent lighting of course, and much more. According to Gallup data from 2016, 43% of employees in America worked from home at least sometimes. This means a lot of people work from home, but there are still many opportunities to take advantage of. It can be overwhelming to know what kind of side hustle you want to do or even where to find legitimate jobs. To help you with this, we have put together a list of ways to make extra money at home.
Earn Extra Cash by Taking Surveys
There are many companies that will pay you to take surveys. Some popular ones are:
Most of the companies listed above will pay you a small bonus of $5 to $10 to join. Once you join, you will be able to start taking surveys to earn money. Here are a few advantages and disadvantages of taking surveys to make extra money:
- Completing surveys is simple and doesn’t require additional education or knowledge
- You can work on surveys at your convenience
- You won’t be stuck in a contract to complete a certain amount of surveys or meet deadlines
- The amount of money you make taking surveys can be small compared to other work from home jobs
- Many survey sites require a minimum amount of earnings before you can cash out
- You may be asked to give personal information such as; birth date, zip code, and more. The risk with this is that you don’t know what it’s going to be used for.
To summarize, taking surveys to earn extra cash is a simple, convenient, and legitimate option. You won’t be able to quit your day job but it can be worth your time to give it a try.
Make Extra Money with These Free Apps
If you do your research, you will find that there are many apps out there that can help you make extra money. Some of them pay you to buy your own groceries! Check these out:
- Foap: Would you like to make extra money selling your photos and videos? Download the Foap app and you can get started uploading to your portfolio right away! When a brand or agency wants to buy your content, Foap will share the profits with you 50/50.
- Ibotta: You probably already shop for groceries and make purchases online, why not sign up for Ibotta to earn cash doing those exact things? The first step is to download the app. Once you sign up, you will receive a $20 welcome bonus! Log in to the app to complete purchases online to receive cashback or scan your receipt after you go to the store to see if you qualify for rebates.
- Paribus: With Paribus, it is so easy to earn money back on your online purchases without having to do a thing. To get started, all you have to do is connect your email account so that your receipts can be reviewed. Paribus monitors price drops for multiple retailers and negotiates with them after your purchase to give you the difference in a refund!
- UserTesting: Earn extra money by giving your feedback to multiple brands! To start, sign up with UserTesting and complete a sample test. You will then have access to complete tests for cash by giving feedback and completing interviews.
These apps are free to use, simple to navigate and great ways to make extra money. Whether it is making extra money shopping, putting yourself out there to give feedback, or sharing your photos and videos; you can make money doing them all so there is no reason not to give them a try!
We went over a few ways to make money at home. People have many reasons for this! Your reason might be that you want some fun money, maybe you are a stay at home mom that wants to contribute to the household income or you are dipping your toe into the idea of working from home. Whatever the case may be, now is the time to give these ideas a shot and get some extra cash in your pocket!